Using the same method I wrote about in an earlier post I have now finished a couple of more bases for my upcoming human team for Blood Bowl. To make the bases a little more interesting I’ve added some details to them.
The two cans were fun to make and I used Milliput Standard for that. Milliput is a two component epoxy putty, much like Green Stuff from Games Workshop. It is most likely a subjective opinion but I prefer Milliput because it feels easier to work with.
Here is a list of all brush medium I used to make these bases (as usual I used a grey primer from Vallejo):
Dirt and mud where done with:
- Citadel Base XV-88.
- Citadel Layer Karak Stone.
- The Army Painter Strong Tone Ink.
- The Army Painter Soft Tone Ink.
Blood and gore was painted with with:
- Citadel Colour Dark Flesh.
- Citadel Washes Baal Red.
- The Army Painter Dark Tone Ink.
- Citadel Colour Gloss Varnish on top to give the blood a wet look.
The lines where painted with a slightly watered down Citadel Colour Skull White.
The few rocks:
- Painted with Citadel Colour Codex Grey.
- Drybrushed with a some Citadel Colour Skull White mixed with the grey.
- Washed with Vallejo Model Wash Oiled Earth 76.521.
- I topped off with some more drybrushing with the grey mix
The cans where painted to differ from each other for variety:
- Citadel Colour Blood Red for “Orca Cola”.
- Citadel Foundation Mordian Blue, Citadel Colour Snot Green and Citadel Colour Sunburst Yellow for “Smite”.
- For both cans I used Citadel Colour Skull White for the letters and Citadel Colour Mithril Silver for the bottom and top. I also painted an opening to the top by mixing the silver with Citadel Colour Chaos Black.